Usagi here. As you’ve seen, Ashleigh’s gone her own way, and while I miss her, I agree it was for the best. I have neglected the blog, and all of my readers, and for that I truly apologize.
However, it’s not for lack of wanting to update…
…yeah, Deaton, I know. Here are my reasons why (in no particular order) things have been so slow:
1. I had three moves in three months – My grandmother’s, my own, and my mother’s – to deal with: This is rough, guys. Have you ever done that? Organized three full moves (one for one person going halfway across the continent) in three months? It’s not easy, especially when you’re trying to pack at the same time.
2. I have a non-freelance, real world job now: Since freelance translation seems to be drying up a bit, I needed income. So now I have a part-time (and some weeks, full-time depending on my schedule/hours) job in the real world. As someone who’s been out of the real world game for a few years, I’ve had more than a bit of a learning curve, and it’s frankly been really exhausting.
3. I’m also in a band now: I have no idea how I pretty much stumbled into this, but aside from logistics that need to be worked out, I’m really happy with it, and we’ll be doing our first live performance (originally scheduled for last Friday), as well as putting up our first EP on bandcamp soon. Look for more info when it comes down the line.
So, what does this mean for the blog?
1. Not-as-frequent updates: As you can clearly see. I don’t think this needs explanation as to why. However, I do think with a few more months under my belt at my new job, I’ll have a better sense of balance and try to get back to where I was in terms of updating pre-move.
2. Reviews will keep on comin’: Yep. Same with blog tours. I will fulfill all obligations that I have – it just may be some (reviews in particular) may be later than others.
3. Less memes: Yeah, guys, sorry. I’ll do some, but a lot of them? I’m just going to have to let go for right now until I get everything in order.
Thanks for hanging in there with me. I love each and every one of you. I’ll be announcing the winners of the “Champion” giveaway sometime early next week, so please look forward to that, as well as try to get some reviews in. In the meantime, if you could hang in there with me, I’d greatly appreciate it.