What is In My Mailbox?
In My Mailbox was started in November of 2008. What it all came down to was this: I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved!
Week 51: Here’s what’s in my mailbox this week!
2. “A Long Long Sleep” by Anna Sheehan – library
3. “Bewitching” by Alex Flinn – library
4. “The Fame Game” by Lauren Conrad – via HarperTeen – thanks, guys!
5. “A Confusion of Princes” by Garth Nix – via HarperTeen – thanks, guys!
6. “Arise (Hereafter #2)” by Tara Hudson – via HarperTeen – thanks, guys!
7. “For the Darkness Shows the Stars” by Diana Peterferund – via HarperTeen – thanks, guys!
8. “Despera” by Yoshitoshi ABe – bought
9. “The Hunger Games Tribute Guide” by Emily Seife
1. “Never Let Me Go” – library
2. “Masterpiece Theatre – Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park” – library
3. “Downton Abbey: Season 2” – bought
A lot of fun stuff this week! First a huge thanks to the always awesome HarperTeen – you guys rock! I think I yelled when I saw “For the Darkness” in my package – definitely one of my most-excited-about books for summer! Thanks to Pyr for providing a copy of “Fair Coin” – it was great! And I couldn’t believe that Book Off actually had a copy of “Despera” – I’m a ridiculously huge Yoshitoshi ABe fan, collect his art and his books as much as possible, and I’d been wondering when this had been published when it just kind of showed up in front of my face in the store. It’s a little hard to read though because it’s written in pre-spelling shift Japanese, so I might have to use my dictionary and work a little harder than usual. Either way, I’m happy. And of course, I’ll watch anything with Billie Piper in it, and now that includes “Mansfield Park”. My library is awesome, guys, because they also had in the “HG Tribute Guide” – which was really fun to read. I’m so ridiculously excited for the movie now. And again, half.com is my shopping spirit animal since they had “Downton” season 2 for ridiculously cheap. I have to get to reading/watching all of this, now!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING:
2. “Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2)” by Stacey Jay – NetGalley/Random House Children’s
3. “The Academie” by Susanne Dunlap – NetGalley/Bloomsbury USA
4. “Something Like Normal” by Trish Doller – NetGalley/Bloomsbury USA Children’s
I’m especially excited for “Romeo Redeemed” – this gives me a chance to get off my arse and read “Juliet Immortal”, which has been just sitting on my tbr shelf by the bed for a few months. Same for “Tempest Unleashed”. I was given the rec for “Something Like Normal” by Jessica Spotswood, so I took it (since she’s pretty awesome) and I’m not sure how to feel about “The Academie” since I just finished it and am pondering over how to review it. Otherwise, as always, a huge thanks to NetGalley and their partners. You guys are wonderful.
None this week!
None this week!
What was in your mailbox this past week?