We are all book lovers and the need to share our enthusiasm is sometimes overwhelming. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you’re anything like me, you are probably hoarding books and even though you are excited about your latest book arrival, it might be a while before you get to review it and Stacking The Shelves is a good way to express your undying enthusiasm for those titles! (Hosted by Tyngasreviews.com!)
Week 48: Here’s what landed on our shelves this week!
2. “Star Cursed (Born Wicked #2)” by Jessica Spotswood – via Penguin Teen (Thanks!)
3. “Natural Born Angel (Angel #2)” by Scott Speer – via Penguin Teen (Thanks!)
4. “The Circle” by Sara B. Elfgren – via Overlook Books (Thanks!)
5. “Earth Girl” by Janet Edwards – via Pyr/Prometheus (Thanks!)
6. “Belladonna (Eternal Rose #2)” by Fiona Paul – via Penguin Teen (Thanks!)
A great haul this week! Huge thanks to HarperTeen, Overlook, Pyr, and Penguin for sending me great stuff to read! I loved “Arclight” and enjoyed “The Circle” – just look for my reviews on them in the archives. I’m really excited for “Star Cursed” and Belladonna”, so here’s hoping they’re awesome!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING/E-BOOKS:
2. “The Truth About You and ME” by Amanda Grace – via NetGalley/Flux (Thanks!)
3. “Plague in the Mirror” by Deborah Noyes – via Netgalley/Flux (Thanks!)
4. “Uglydolls: Goin’ Places!” by David Horath – via Edelweiss/Viz (Thanks!)
5. “The Deepest Night (The Sweetest Dark #2)” – via NetGalley/Random House (Thanks!)
6. “Boy A” by Jonathan Trigell – bought
7. “Never Let Me Go: The Screenplay” by Alex Garland – bought
8. “Ethan” by PT Michelle – bought
I splurged a bit this week on “Boy A” and the script for “Never Let Me Go”, I’ll admit, but I’ve seen both films and they’re both amazing, so I want to read the source material. I’m excited for the rest of these too – especially Uglydolls! I collect them, so it’s nice to see they’re going to get their own set of books. Thanks to NG, EW, and their pub partners for granting me access this week!
None this week!
Just to warn you, I got a lot of stuff.
2. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (For review via Macmillan) (thank you!)
3. Golden by Jessi Kirby ((bought)
4. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard (bought) (read and ARC and needed my own copy)
5. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen (bought)
6. Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey (bought)
7. Hero by Alethea Kontis (bought) (bought an ARC? I’ll explain below)
8. Splendor by Elana K. Arnold (bought)
9. Gated by Amy Christine Parker (bought)
10. Scorched by Mari Mancusi (bought)
11. The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle (bought)
12. Blood Red Road by Moira Young (bought)
13. Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan (bought)
14. Bad Apple by Laura Ruby (bought)
15. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (bought)
16. Burning by Elana K. Arnold (for review via Amazon Vine)
17. The Twice Lost by Sarah Porter (for review via Amazon Vine)
18. Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block (received in a swap)
Not pictured are Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub (bought) and The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton (Amazon Vine), which are on their way to the witch.
What the hell am I doing when I admit I bought some ARCs? Being honest because I found them in my favorite used bookstore. There’s another Jacksonville-area person able to get ARCs and they apparently take some of them there for store credit, which I don’t mind at all because some of it is stuff I’d never get on my own. We can argue about the bookstore’s decision to put prices on them and put them on the shelves, but that’ll get us nowhere because it still happens.
However, someone who also goes to this bookstore had the bright idea to buy the ARCs from there and sell them on Ebay, which is worse than the bookstore selling them in my point of view. If I find a bunch there now, I grab what I can to read myself (as with Scorched, Untold, and Gated) or try to find them homes with bloggers who want them (as with Splendor and Hero).
Okay, done with the soapboxing. More books!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING/E-BOOKS:
2. The Art of Love by Anne Whitney (for review via the author)
3. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller (for review via NetGalley) (whoo, Florida author!)
4. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (for review via NetGalley)
5. Entangled by Amy Rose Capetta (for review via NetGalley)
6. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrell (for review via NetGalley)
7. The Meme Plague by Angie Smibert (for review via NetGalley)
8. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein (for review via NetGalley) (SDFGHJHGFDS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU)
I got many more ebooks than this, but I lack the patience to list them all off because we’ll be here a while.
Stuff we finished and reviewed within the last week!:
“The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die” by April Henry (Usagi)
“Tiger & Bunny: Volumes 1 & 2” by Sakakibara Mizuki (Usagi)
“Another Little Piece” by Kate Karyus Quinn (Usagi)
“Burning” by Elana K. Arnold (Ashleigh)
“The Pirate’s Wish (The Assassin’s Curse #2)” by Cassandra Rose Clarke (Usagi)
“The Lost Sun” by Tessa Gratton (Ashleigh)
“Tides” by Betsy Cornwell (Usagi)
“Phoenix (Black City #2)” by Elizabeth Richards (Usagi)
“The Testing” by Joelle Charbonneau (Usagi)
“Vengeance Bound” by Justina Ireland (Usagi)
“Dance of the Red Death” by Bethany Griffin (Ashleigh)
“Born of Illusion” by Teri Brown (Ashleigh)
“Ink” by Amanda Sun (Usagi)
Other cool stuff on the blog this week!:
“Blog Tour Stop!: “Outcast” by Adrienne Kress! (Go enter the ebook giveaway I’m holding for it because you need this book. -Ashleigh)
Blog Tour Stop! “Siege and Storm” by Leigh Bardugo!
Blog Tour Stop!: “The Savage Blue” by Zoraida Cordova
What leapt onto your shelves this week?