We are all book lovers and the need to share our enthusiasm is sometimes overwhelming. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you’re anything like me, you are probably hoarding books and even though you are excited about your latest book arrival, it might be a while before you get to review it and Stacking The Shelves is a good way to express your undying enthusiasm for those titles! (Hosted by Tyngasreviews.com!)
Week 46: Here’s what landed on our shelves this week!
2. “The Program” by Suzanne Young – via ARC swap (thanks!)
3. “September Girls” by Bennett Madison – via HarperTeen (thanks!)
4. “Parallel” by Lauren Miller – via HarperTeen (thanks!)
1. “Looper” – DVD – library
2. “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” – spec. ed BD – gifted
So it looks like Ashleigh and I both got “The Program” this week! I haven’t started my copy yet, but it should be interesting, as with “September Girls” as I’ve been hearing quite withering reviews about it. I can’t wait to start on all of these. Thanks to HarperTeen and my ARC swap partners for being awesome this week, and for my mom for gifting me “The Hobbit”!❤
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING/E-BOOKS:
2. “A Wounded Name” by Dot Hutchison – via NetGalley/Lerner Group (Thanks!)
3. “Truly Madly Deadly” by Hannah Jayne – via NetGalley/Sourcebooks Fire (Thanks!)
4. “Fangirl” by Rainbow Powell – via NetGalley/St. Martin’s Press
5. “Outcast” by Adrienne Kress – via NetGalley/Diversion Books (Thanks!)
6. “Hidden” by Marianne Curley – via NetGalley/Bloomsbury USA (Thanks!)
7. “All Our Pretty Songs” by Sarah McCarry – via NetGalley/St. Martin’s Griffin (Thanks!)
8. “Dance of the Red Death (Red Death #2)” by Bethany Griffin – via Edelweiss/HarperTeen (thanks!)
Lots of goodies this week! The noises I made when I saw “Dance of the Red Death”, “Fangirl”, and “All Our Pretty Songs” wasn’t even remotely human. I’m so excited for all of these, and I can’t wait to dig into them. Thanks to NG, EW, LeighAnn Kopans, and their pub partners for granting me access this week!
None this week!
The pictured kitty is my littlest cat. Her name is Shadow and she’s roughly four years old (we adopted her and have no clue how old she really is), but she is more often known as Dodo Bird or simply Dodo. So yeah, the cat’s cat. Catception! Meow~.
♡ Received for review:
1. Defy the Dark edited by Saundra Mitchell – received for review via Valerie Kemp (thank you, Valerie!)
2. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke – received for review via PenguinTeen (May I just say eoitbyvinyt ncalintvurcnhkvchumjv THANK YOU! Seriously, thank you. This is THE most anticipated 2013 debut for me and I look forward to devouring it whole. <3)
3. 45 Pounds (More or Less) by K.A. Parson – for review via PenguinTeen (Thank you!)
4. Freakboy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark – for review via MacKids (Thank you!)
5. Mystic by Alyson Noel – for review via St. Martin’s Griffin (Thank you!) (review here)
♡ Amazon Vine:
1. The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
2. The Program by Suzanne Young (Let me tell you, I am HATING this book something fierce, but I’m going to finish it and review it and get it all out of me because reading this book makes me feel gross. Reviewing it will be like taking a long, hot shower after a week of mud-wrestling.)
3. The Elementals by Saundra Mitchell
1. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (I got an ARC last year, but this is the first time I’ve had the chance to get a finished copy. I loves this book so much. <3)
2. In Honor by Jessi Kirby (After the AWESOMENESS that was Golden, I fully expect this to kick my butt and make me at least sniffle.)
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING/E-BOOKS:
2. Once We Were by Kat Zhang – for review via Harper/Edelweiss (Thank you!)
3. Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin – for review via Greenwillow/ Edelweiss (Thank you!)
4. Fangirl by Cath Crowley – for review via St. Martin’s Griffin/NetGalley (Thank you!)
5. All Our Pretty Songs by Sarah McCarry – for review via St. Martin’s Griffin/NetGalley (Thank you!)
6. Awaken by Meg Cabot – for review for Scholastic/NetGalley (Thank you!)
Stuff we finished and reviewed within the last two weeks!:
“Chantress” by Amy Butler Greenfield (Usagi’s Review)
“Love Story” by Jennifer Echols (Ashleigh’s Review)
“If I Should Die (Revenants #3)” by Amy Plum (Usagi’s Review)
“Zenn Scarlett” by Christian Schoon (Usagi’s Review)
“Mystic” by Alyson Noel (Ashleigh’s Review)
“Transparent” by Natalie Whipple (Ashleigh’s Review)
“Ashes on the Waves” by Mary Lindsey (Usagi’s review)
“Life After Theft” by Aprilynne Pike (Usagi’s Review)
“Reboot” by Amy Tintera (Usagi’s Review)
Other cool stuff on the blog this week!:
“Chantress” Blog Tour Stop! Ashleigh’s Review and Giveaway!
“Zenn Scarlett” Blog Tour Stop! Author Christian Schoon on “Aliens and the Other”
What leapt onto your shelves this week?