We are all book lovers and the need to share our enthusiasm is sometimes overwhelming. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you’re anything like me, you are probably hoarding books and even though you are excited about your latest book arrival, it might be a while before you get to review it and Stacking The Shelves is a good way to express your undying enthusiasm for those titles! (Hosted by Tyngasreviews.com!)
Week 21: Here’s what landed on my shelves this week!
2. “The Whispering House” by Rebecca Wade – via HarperChildren’s (Thanks!)
3. “Gravediggers: Mountain of Bones” by Christopher Krovatin
4. “Scary School #2: Monsters on the March” by Derek the Ghost – via Harper Children’s (Thanks!)
5. “Invisible Inkling” by Emily Jenkins – via Harper Children’s (Thanks!)
6. “Always October” by Bruce Coville – via Harper Children’s (Thanks!)
7. “Touching the Surface” by Kimberly Sabatini – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
8. “The Friday Society” by Adrienne Kress – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
9. “Dance of Shadows” by Yelena Black – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
10. “Colin Fischer” by Ashley Edward Miller – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
11. “Dark Shadows: Angelique’s Descent” by Lara Parker – via Tor (Thanks!)
12. “Dark Shadows: The Salem Branch (Dark Shadows #2)” by Lara Parker – via Tor (Thanks!)
Wow. Great mail week this week! Thank you to Harper Children’s for this awesome load of MG Halloween-y themed books – I can’t wait to get into them. Thanks too to Tor for the “Dark Shadows” books – I’m a new fan of the series, and my mom kind of got me into it (when she was a kid, it was one of her favorite shows), so to read these books on Angelique as written by the original actress who portrayed her is pretty sweet. Also, thanks to my ARC swap partners for being awesome, as always! ❤
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING/E-BOOKS:
2. “On Dublin Street” by Samantha Young – bought
3. “The Madness Underneath (Shades of London #2)” by Maureen Johnson – via Penguin Young Readers/NetGalley (Thanks!)
4. “The 13th Sign” by Kristin O’Donnell Tubb – via Macmillan Children’s/NetGalley (Thanks!)
Super excited about all of these books, but especially “Madness” and “Destroy Me”. Yay, novella from Warner’s POV! These are going to be awesome. Now I just need to make time to get to them.
2. “Fringe: Season 4” DVD boxset – bought
3. “TV Guide: 2012 Fall TV Preview” – bought
All of that saving up paid off – literally! I got both my beloved “Avengers” and “Fringe” for insanely cheap, and I had to have the TV preview for fall. ❤ Still sad that the season now airing on TV will be the last for “Fringe”, but hey, boxsets have great memories.
Stuff I finished & reviewed this week!:
“Velveteen” by Daniel Marks
“Ironskin” by Tina Connolly
“Lucid” by Adrienne Stoltz & Ron Bass
“The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland…(Fairyland #2)” by Catherynne M. Valente
“Breathe” by Sarah Crossan
“The Spindlers” by Lauren Oliver
What leapt onto your shelves this week?