We are all book lovers and the need to share our enthusiasm is sometimes overwhelming. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you’re anything like me, you are probably hoarding books and even though you are excited about your latest book arrival, it might be a while before you get to review it and Stacking The Shelves is a good way to express your undying enthusiasm for those titles! (Hosted by Tyngasreviews.com!)
Week 17: Here’s what landed on my shelves this week!
2. “Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty #10)” by Carrie Vaughn – via Tor (Thanks!)
3. “Katya’s World” by Jonathan L. Howard – via Strange Chemistry/Angry Robot (Thanks!)
4. “Black City” by Elizabeth Richards – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
5. “Fury (Mercy #4)” by Rebecca Lim – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
6. “Muse (Mercy #3)” by Rebecca Lim – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
7. “Seraphina” by Rachel Hartman – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
8. “Alice in Zombieland” by Gena Showalter – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
9. “Nerve” by Jeanne Ryan – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
10. “The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)” by Richelle Mead – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
This week, got some awesome stuff! First, thanks to Tor, Strange Chemistry, and my ARC swap partners for being awesome and sending me great stuff to read and review! I was dying for “Alice in Zombieland” and one of my partners had an extra, so it was a great match. I’m also really excited to finish up the “Mercy” quartet, and to read “Katya’s World” (seeing how this new Russian-influenced SF/F in YA will measure up to “Shadow and Bone”). But thanks for everything! I also broke down and bought the first volume of “JinTai”, it was worth it (and I did the math, Kinokuniya’s gouging actually measured out this time). It’s really good so far, and I can’t wait to review it for you guys since there is no official English license/translation at the moment. I can’t wait to devour all of these!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING/E-BOOKS:
2. “Broken” by AE Rought – via NetGalley/Strange Chemistry (Thanks!)
Out of the two of these, I’m most excited for “Broken” – yay, resurgence of gothic books in YA lit! Hopefully both will be good, though.
Nothing this week!
Stuff I finished & reviewed this week!:
“Outpost (Razorland #2)” by Ann Aguirre
“Every Day” by David Levithan
“Carnival of Souls” by Melissa Marr
“Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls #2)” by Tera Lynn Childs
“The Vindico” by Wesley King
“What’s Left of Me” by Kat Zhang
“Stormdancer” by Jay Kristoff
What leapt onto your shelves this week?