Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s theme: Usagi’s Top Ten Books on the Summer TBR list!
1. “What’s Left of Me” by Kat Zhang – I’ve been pining for this one since…December? January? But it sounds so awesome, and I’ve always been fascinated with the biopunk idea of making two of someone (whether just body or just soul) and having a spare in case of accidental or early death. (RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 18th)
2. “Girl of Nightmares (Anna #2)” by Kendare Blake – It’s more “Anna”. Need I say more? (RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 7th)
3. “Tokyo Heist” by Diana Renn – Tokyo is my second home, so I really hope this book does it justice. It sounds awesome – heists in my adopted second home? YES PLEASE. (RELEASE DATE: JUNE 14th)
4. “Dearly, Beloved (Gone with the Respiration #2)” by Lia Habel – Oh yes. More zombie on human love, please! And more plagues this time around, too! (RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 25th)
5. “Rift (Witches’ War Prequel #1)” by Andrea Cremer – SO excited for this one, I can’t even. More wolfy action and it’s a prequel. Count me in. (RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 7th)
6. “Carnival of Souls” by Melissa Marr – Sounds like “Hunger Games” but instead of food/dystopian post-America, you get witches, daimons, and souls. I really can’t wait for this one, guys! (RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 4th)
7. “Alice in Zombieland” by Gena Showalter – Alice and zombies! A very much do want-sort-of-book. (RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 25th)
8. “Dark Companion” by Marta Acosta – Creepy boarding school books? I love those! And this is one of those, it looks like. (RELEASE DATE: JULY 3rd)
9. “The Lost Girl” by Sangu Mandanna – See my explanation for book #1, as they’re similar that way. (RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 28th)
10. “Soulbound: The Legacy of Tril” by Heather Brewer –YES, more hard YA fantasy with soulmates and evil wars! I can’t wait to dig my claws into this one! (RELEASE DATE: JUNE 19th)
What about you? What are your top ten reads for the summer release season? Participate at Broke and Bookish this week!