What is Stacking The Shelves all about?
We are all book lovers and the need to share our enthusiasm is sometimes overwhelming. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you’re anything like me, you are probably hoarding books and even though you are excited about your latest book arrival, it might be a while before you get to review it and Stacking The Shelves is a good way to express your undying enthusiasm for those titles! (Hosted by Tyngasreviews.com!)
Week 04: Here’s what landed on my shelves this week!
2. “Fated” by Benedict Jacka – library
3. “Bloodfever (Fever #2)” by Karen Marie Moning – library
4. “The Secret World of Arrietty (Karigurashi no Arrietty) Film Comic: Volume 1” by Hiromasa Yonebayashi – library
5. “The Secret World of Arrietty (Karigurashi no Arrietty) Film Comic: Volume 2” by Hiromasa Yonebayashi – library
6. “The Assassin’s Curse” by Cassandra Rose Clarke – via the author (Thanks!)
7. Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
by The Countess of Carnarvon – library
8. “Dreaming Awake (Under #2)” by Gwen Hayes – library
9. “The Immortal Rules” by Julie Kagawa – via ARC swap (Thanks!)
10. “Auracle” by Gina Rosati – via the author (Thanks!)
11. “When the Sea is Rising Red” by Cat Hellisen – library
12. “The Secret Circle: The Divide” by Aubrey Clark & LJ Smith – library
13. “Judgment at Proteus” by Timothy Zahn – via Tor/Forge (Thanks!)
14. “Mangaman” by Barry Lyga & Colleen Doran – library
1. “Sherlock Holmes (2010 remake)” – library
2. “Thor (2011)” – netflix (not pictured)
My HUGE thanks to Cassandra Rose Clarke/Strange Chemistry, Gina Rosati/Macmillan, and Tor/Forge this week for sending me your awesome books! I can’t wait to get to them! I was especially floored that my library had “Mangaman”, which I’ve been trying to find to read since it got released last year (I heart you, Barry Lyga!), and the “Arrietty” film manga. I can’t wait to read all of these! Seriously. And notice I’m starting to read more urban fantasy? I blame friend and fellow writer Aurora Gray, Felicia Day, and a whole bunch of other people getting me hooked into this genre.
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING/E-BOOKS:
2. “Moonglow (Firelight #2)” by Kristen Callihan – via NetGalley/Avon Forever
3. “Angel’s Ink” by Jocelynn Drake – via Edelweiss/Harper Voyager
4. “Fed (Newsflesh 0.1)” by Mira Grant – free read online
5. “The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass #0.1)” by Sarah J. Maas – bought
6. “The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass #0.3)” by Sarah J. Maas – bought
7. “The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glasss #0.2)” by Sarah J. Maas – bought
8. “Rapture (Fallen #4)” by Lauren Kate – via NetGalley/Random House
WOW. I couldn’t resist the “Throne of Glass” novellas, and I’m SO happy I got “Dearly, Beloved”! I’m really really excited about it, as I am also about “Moonglow (Firelight #2)”. The alternate ending to “Feed” (the first book in the “Newsflesh trilogy) was really intense, and I’m glad it wasn’t the official ending for the first book. You can read it online for free here, but be sure that you’ve read “Feed” first or you’ll get completely spoiled. The rest were kind of random requests because they looked good. Not sure I’m going to continue reading “Rapture” because I’m pretty underwhelmed thus far…Anyway, my HUGE thanks to Edelweiss, NG, and their partners for granting me access this week anyway!
2. NYLON magazine, July 2012 issue – 2012 Music Issue – bought
3. “Avengers” Swag: Black Widow trading cards (x3), Black Widow dogtag, Tony Stark chibi, Hawkeye chibi, Black Widow chibi – gifted
4. “Avengers” Swag: Hawkeye dogtag – bought
5. “Snow White and the Huntsman” promo swag postcard – received via Century Theatres (thanks!)
Thanks so much to Gina Rosati this week for the “Auracle” swag bags! I’ll be giving the other (full of the same stuff, but not pictured) out as a giveaway sometime later in the summer and closer to the publication of “Auracle” in August. Also thanks to friend Vanessa for sending me the AWESOME “Avengers” swag, and I couldn’t help trading her my Loki dogtag for the Black Widow dogtag (as Black Widow is my homegirl), so now I have Hawkeye and Black Widow together (as it should be, heh). And the postcard for “SWATH” is AWESOME – really high quality. It’s going in my postcard collection. And of course, I couldn’t resist the Music issue of Nylon – it has my goddess Shirley Manson from Garbage AND Emily Haines from Metric inside! Definitely a must-read if you’re into alternative/indie music this summer!
Tomorrow I’m off to see the SWATH movie, and I can’t wait! It looks awesome.
What did you get in your mailbox or on your shelf this week? Be sure to tell me in the comments! 😀