Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s theme: Usagi’s Top Ten Blogs/Sites She Reads That Aren’t About Books
In no particular order, let’s see the top ten blags I love that aren’t book-based! I’m including games too, because…I play a lot of them.
1. Twitter – Don’t think I need to link that one here. But I love talking to friends and bugging people on it.
2. Avengers Alliance on Facebook – I find more and more of my non-reading/sleeping time is going into this game. Damn my Marvel addiction but it’s just too fun. 😦
3. Geek & Sundry – the new entertainment network that features Wil Wheaton, Felicia Day, and others in awesome programming. It’s free and the quality is quite high, so go check it out!
4. Nerdist – another awesome entertainment network that I adore. Awesome articles, blags, and other content for the nerdiest of nerdsgeeksdorks.
5. Boing Boing – this one is another great site that I’ve been reading for years. It has politics, book reviews, videos, DIYs, and other stuff.
6. io9 – all things sci-fi and fantasy and a lot of fun articles about real science.
7. Fallen London – I mentioned this in last week’s “Fun Stuff” article, this is an entirely text-based alternate history story that places YOU in it. It’s an RPG, but with few graphics and insanely addictive.
8. Nyan Cat – yep, you can even tweet how long you Nyan for.
9. Glove and Boots – my two favorite muppets since the Muppet Show!
10. Slashdot – another awesome news source that’s mostly about science but also has politics and other stuff too. Great for geeksnerdsdorks like me!
What about you? What are your top ten links that aren’t reading related? Participate this week at The Broke and the Bookish!