What is In My Mailbox?
In My Mailbox was started in November of 2008. What it all came down to was this: I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved!
Week 58: Here’s what’s in my mailbox this week!
2. “Hunter and Fox” by Philippa Ballentine – via Pyr/Prometheus (thanks!)
3. “False Covenant (Widdershins #2)” by Ari Marmell – via Pyr/Prometheus (thanks!)
4. “Invisible Sun (Black Hole Sun #2)” by David Macinnis Gill – via ARC swap (thanks!)
5. “Darkness Before Dawn” by J.A. London – via ARC swap (thanks!)
6. “Above” by Leah Bobet – via ARC swap (thanks!)
7. “Vampire Empire: The Greyfriar” by Clay & Susan Griffith – via Pyr/Prometheus (thanks!)
8. “The Blade Itself” by Joe Abercrombie – via Pyr/Prometheus (thanks!)
Wow. My thanks to my ARC swap partners, Pyr/Prometheus, and Tor/DC for my mailbox this week! I’m excited for all of these titles – I’m glad I have a copy of “Invisible Sun” now and I’ve already started “Above” – it’s really magical so far but I can see why a lot of reviewers got lost in the prose. However, I adore it (what can I say? I’m a sucker for magical realism). I can’t wait to get to the rest of these! Thank you to everyone who helped make this an awesome mailbox this week! <3
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING:
2. “Struck” by Jennifer Bosworth – via NetGalley/Macmillan
3. “Never Enough” by Denise Jaden – via S&S Galley Grab (via author link)
4. “Skyship Academy: Crimson Rising (Skyship Academy #2)” by Nick James – via NetGalley/Flux Books
5. “Of Poseidon” by Anna Banks – via NetGalley/Macmillan
6. “When You Were Mine” by Rebecca Serle – via S&S Galley Grab (via author link)
7. “Surrender (Possession #2)” by Elana Johnson – via S&S Galley Grab (via author link)
8. “Silver” by Talia Vance – via NetGalley/Flux Books
9. “Shadow & Bone” by Leigh Bardugo – via NetGalley/Macmillan
10. “The Guild: Volume 2” by Felicia Day & others – via NetGalley/Dark Horse Comics
AHHHH GUILD VOLUME 2, YOU ARE FINALLY MINE. When this went up on NG for requests, I think I screamed a little. With each passing season I’m loving “The Guild” more and more, and this volume has all of the backstories of the rest of the members of the cast, which I haven’t yet had time to read. But now I can. And I’m quite happy to do so. Also very excited for “Silver”, “Of Poseidon”, “Shadow & Bone”, and “Monstrous Beauty” the most out of these. The rest were random requests or followups to the first books that I’d already read. I can’t wait to start them all. Thank you NG and S&S GG for granting me access!
None for this week!
What was in your mailbox this week?