Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s theme: Top Ten Books to Read In One Day
These are all of the books that I’ve read and think you should read in one day (or less)! Without further ado, here they are (in no particular order):
1. “Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)” by George R R Martin: You’re going to get so addicted to the world of Westeros that I guarantee that you will not only finish this 600+ page book in one day, but you’ll want to read the other four ASAP. I know that’s what the case was with me.
2. “Let the Right One In” by John Ajvide Lindqvist: I know I include this one on a lot of my lists, but it always deserves it. This one is slower paced, a slower burn, but you’ll want to figure out what’s going on in this sleepy little Swedish town as fast as you can.
3. “The Virgin Suicides” by Jeffrey Eugenides: I read this one in one sitting. That should say something. It’s also very powerful.
4. “Kushiel’s Dart” by Jacqueline Carey: More in the vaginal fantasy arena, this is one of my favorite of the genre and I consumed it in one sitting. Sad that the series is over though.
5. “Battle Royale” by Takami Koushun: This book is AWESOME (and often compared to “Hunger Games”, but I won’t go into that) and I remember getting it in high school and reading it during class. I think I’m due for another reread soon.
6. “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins: Do I really need to explain this one?
7. “Starcrossed” by Josephine Angelini: SO good.
8. “Harry Potter & The Deadly Hallows” by JK Rowling: Again, do I have to explain?
And no more come to mind at the moment as I’m more than a bit braindead. D:
What are your top ten novels to be read in one day?