Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s theme: Spring Fever! Top Ten Books I’d Play Hooky With
Books that you haven’t read yet that sound so good or you’ve had recommended to you you’d give up a day from school or work for? That’s the prompt for this week’s TTT. Without further ado and in no particular order:
1. “Fifty Shades of Gray” by EL James – The hype is insane for this (as of yesterday it has a MOVIE DEAL, wtf!), and the fact that it started out as fanfiction is kind of awesome. However, there’s been some not-so-great reviews about the actual content, so…either way, I’m really intrigued, and I think I’d take a day off to read it.
2. “Something Strange and Deadly” by Susan Dennard – Thank you to Harper and Edelweiss for providing me an e-copy, but oh man, sometime very very soon I will be playing hooky from all of my responsibilities for the day and sinking my claws into it. Zombies, spirit hunters, alternate history, corsets? Yes please. For the love of god, yes.
3. “Bitterblue (The Seven Kingdoms #3)” by Kristin Cashore – Really sad this is the last book (it is, isn’t it?) so you better believe that I’m preordering and taking the day off once it arrives in the mail to read this. I’ve been waiting for this for two years now and I seriously just NEED TO READ IT ALREADY.
4. “Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2)” by Laini Taylor – Another on the preorder list (though I’m hoping I can possibly snag an ARC at ALA or through ARC swap!) that I will definitely be putting everything else down to play hooky with.
5. “The Name of the Wind” by Patrick Rothfuss – I need to finish this book already, so this might mean some playing of hooky to get it done.
6. “The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles #2)” by Kady Cross – Yep, definitely need to take a day off to read this one.
7. “The Cage of Zeus” by Ueda Sayuri – really excited about this one and it looks like it’s a bit thick, so I might need to play with these post-humans for a day instead of working.
8. “Gardens of the Moon” by Steven Erikson – I’ve heard that this might fill my gaping ASOIAF caused hole in me for epic/high fantasy, so I think I might need to take a day with this one.
9. “Dark Lover” by JR Ward – I know, I can’t believe I’m putting this on my list, either. I guess the Vaginal Fantasy Hangout has been influencing me on this genre a bit. But I hear it’s quite good, so I may as well give it a day out of my schedule to try it.
10. “The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor” by Robert Kirkman – I’m stalled on this one and I really need to finish it before this fall when Season 3 premieres on TV. It looks awesome, and I can’t wait to read it.
What would you pick for your hooky list?