What is In My Mailbox?
In My Mailbox was started in November of 2008. What it all came down to was this: I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved!
Week 54: Here’s what’s in my mailbox this week!
2. “A Temptation of Angels” by Michelle Zink (via the author – and signed, too! Michelle, you’re far too good to me, and thanks for your postcard this week, too!)
3. “Uglies: Shay’s Story – Volume 1” by Scott Westerfeld (via Del Rey/Librarything! Thanks, guys!)
4. “Truth (XVI #2)” by Julia Karr (via ARC swap)
5. “Dogs: Bullets & Carnage – Volume 5 (English Translated Edition)” (bought)
6. “Elemental” by Emily White (via Spencer Hill Press – thanks!)
Hooray, my librarything winnings came in! I didn’t know I’d won “Crucible of Gold” but gave it a try and found that it wasn’t for me. The rest of this week’s haul was pretty awesome – I’m working on “Elemental” now and so far it’s pretty interesting – my thanks to Spencer Hill Press for sending me a copy, and to librarything/DelRey for sending me “Uglies” and “Crucible of Gold”! Also a huge hug to my bro Michelle Zink for sending me a fresh new signed finished copy of “Temptation of Angels”! It’s already on my shelf and damn, does it look nice there. As always, thanks to my partners at ARC swap, too! I better get reading!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING:
2. “Ember (Darkest London 0.5)” by Kristen Callihan (via NetGalley/Grand Central Publishing)
3. “Dark Kiss” by Michelle Rowen (via NetGalley/HarlequinTeen)
4. “Once (Eve #2)” by Anna Carey (via Edelweiss/HarperTeen)
5. “Unraveling” by Elizabeth Norris (via Edelweiss/HarperTeen)
6. “The Immortal Rules” by Julie Kagawa (via NetGalley/HarlequinTeen)
7. “Something Strange and Deadly” by Susan Dennard (via Edelweiss/HarperTeen)
8. “Magic Knight Rayearth: Omnibus II” by CLAMP (via NetGalley/Dark Horse Comics)
9. “Dollhouse: Epitaphs (collected version)” by Andrew Chambliss, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen (via NetGalley/Dark Horse Comics)
10. “Gate 7 – Volume 2” by CLAMP (via NetGalley/Dark Horse Comics)
Holy awesome e-galleys, Batman! Edelweiss is awesome (and if they’d get Random House to approve my requests, I’d love them even more), and Dark Horse on Netgalley this week was such a pleasant surprise – I didn’t think that they’d be putting up the “Dollhouse: Epitaphs” galley at all. So yay for all of them! Also, OMG FINALLY “THE IMMORTAL RULES”. I’ll just be here in this corner, fangirling until I pee myself (as Walter Bishop says, “just a squirt”). Thank you to Edelweiss and NetGalley and all of their publishing partners for being so wonderful this week!
SWAG FROM WONDERCON! Including a “Dexter” lanyard/keychain (holding my badge, which Jane Espenson – who wrote for “Buffy”, “BSG”, “Caprica”, “Dollhouse”, “Once Upon a Time” and so many more! – signed for me sdljsdfljdfsasdg), a “Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist)” lanyard/keychain, a button from Marvel/Legendary, a redeemable e-copy of the latest Avengers comic, the Wondercon program for 2012, two tickets from the “Fringe” autograph panel lottery (sadly, I didn’t even get close to winning), a signed picture from the wonderful Team Husbands (who are so very, very sweet!) and some other stuff.
This was the highlight of my week (nay, the last few months!). I was kind of hoping for more swag from WC, but I guess they’re saving it all for Comic Con this year (same company who does CC does WC), but it was a nice surprise that they were holding WC in my neighborhood this year. I wish they’d had more panels, though – but getting to see the “Fringe”, “Alcatraz”, and Jane Espenson panels were good enough for me. <3 More than good enough, they were AWESOME. More coverage on the Jane Espenson/Team Husband panels coming up this week, so stay tuned!
…featuring Jaime and Cersei Lannister! I was going to buy Dany’s cover, too (but I ran out of time!), but oh well, I guess I’m not a dragon but a lion after all. LOVE this cover though, so wonderful.
What was in your mailbox this week?