What is In My Mailbox?
In My Mailbox was started in November of 2008. What it all came down to was this: I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved!
Week 34: Here’s what’s in my mailbox this week!
2. “Zombie Classics” (DVD – gifted by Mom – thanks, Mom!)
3. “Dear Bully” by Megan Kelley Hall & Others (library)
4. “Cinder” by Marissa Meyer (via the publisher – thanks, Macmillan!)
5. “Exile (Mercy #2)” by Rebecca Lim (Australian Version, signed, via the author – thanks so much, Rebecca!)
6. “Miss World (Super Ironic Cover Edition)” by Randi Black (signed, via the author – Thanks, Randi!)
7. “Steve Jobs” by Walter Isaacson (library)
8. “IQ84” by Haruki Murakami (library)
9. Vogue Magazine – November 2011 (bought)
10. Chicago SAIC Collections Literary Journal 2010 (via Randi Black, who’s awesome)
Miss Randi Black sent me a care package this past week because she’s awesome! Also, to the amazing Rebecca Lim, whom I heart dearly, thank you for sending me the unexpurgated version of “Exile” (because we don’t know what’s going to happen with the American/Canadian release…)! Also thanks to Macmillan for the copy of “Cinder”. I’ve already finished the Steve Jobs biography and it was really, really thorough and pretty awesome, and it makes me miss him all over again. Good night, sweet prince. That aside, I’m both excited for and dreading picking apart the translation (which may or may not have been a rush job) of “IQ84”, since it combines three volumes released over three years…and then translated/released in nine months after the final publication of volume 3 in Japan. I’m not sure how I feel about this, but I won’t know until I read it. And how could I resist ANYTHING “Dragon Tattoo”? I’m loving the remake already, and Rooney Mara is perfect for Lisbeth Salander’s part. H&M’s putting out a clothing line, too! AWESOME. Anyway, I have a lot of reading to do (and writing – National Novel Writing Month starts tomorrow), so I may as well get started!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING:
2. “Above World” by Jenn Reese (netgalley)
I’ve been dying to read “Pure” since the blurb came out months ago, so that was an automatic request. Thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central for automatically granting me my wish to read it! And “Above World” looks really interesting (mermaid dystopia? I’m so there!), so thanks to Candlewick for granting permission. A light week for ARCs, but we need a lull sometimes in between to get the reading done!
None this week!
What was in your mailbox this week?