What is In My Mailbox?
In My Mailbox was started in November of 2008. What it all came down to was this: I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved!
Week 33: Here’s what’s in my mailbox this week!
2. “Pink Smog (Weetzie Bat/Dangerous Angels #7)” by Francesca Lia Block (via the author – thank you, Francesca! <3)
3. “The Faerie Ring” by Kiki Hamilton (via ARC swap – thanks!)
4. “The Lying Game” by Sara Shepard (via ARC swap – thanks!)
5. “Rage (Horsemen Quartet #2)” by Jackie Morse Kessler (via ARC swap – thanks!)
6. “Seizure (Virals #2)” by Kathy Reichs (via library)
7. “Lost in Time (Blue Bloods #6)” by Melissa de la Cruz (bought)
Ugh, how much do I love my mentor? Let me count the ways. Francesca, thank you for the ARC of “Pink Smog” – you will get your review, as promised! And my love to ARC swap – you guys are awesome. My library is equally awesome for (FINALLY) getting in “Deadline” and getting “Seizure” in early! And Barnes and Noble will obviously be the death of me, as they had “Lost in Time” for less than $10 on the website (with free member shipping). I’m going to have to do some serious writing this week (and all of November – remember, it’s NaNoWriMo time, guys, and I expect some new friends to write with this year!) to really deserve all of these awesome books.
And a big thank you to Michelle Zink, who sent me a postcard for no reason! WHY SO SWEET, MICHELLE? I swear, if I ever do meet you, you will be hugged to death!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING:
2. “Cross My Heart” by Sasha Gould (netgalley)
3. “The Gathering Storm” by Robin Bridges (netgalley)
4. “Fracture” by Megan Miranda (netgalley)
5. “Spirit’s Princess” by Esther M. Friesner (netgalley)
6. “Fury’s Fire (Siren’s Storm #2)” by Lisa Papademetriou (netgalley)
7. “The Prince Who Fell From the Sky” by Jean Claude Bemis (netgalley)
A bit wary, but very much looking forward to “Spirit’s Princess” out of this pack the most (mostly because of the Japanese history thing, and what the author might get wrong), but “Fury’s Fire” and “The Gathering Storm” were also my top picks out of the lot. The rest sounded good, so I decided to request them. Hopefully, they won’t let me down!
None this week!
What was in your mailbox this week?