Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s theme: Top Ten Sequels Usagi is Dying to Read (in no particular order)
1. “The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)” by Richelle Mead: I’m not even done reading the first one yet and already I’m chomping at the bit for #2! I love Sydney and I think I love this series more than its original so far.
2. “Fever (Wither/The Chemical Garden #2)” by Lauren DeStefano: The first book blew me away. Need I say more?
3. “Bloodrose (Witches’ War/Nightshade #3)” by Andrea Cremer: RENNNNNNNNNNN!
4. “Two Truths & a Lie (The Lying Game #3)” by Sara Shepard: I can’t even. My excitement for this third installment in the series is so high it’s ridiculous. Luckily I have the TV series to tide me over before then. Can I also say that I love this series even more than “Pretty Little Liars”? Because I do. It’s just that more awesome.
5. “A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters)” by Kelly Keaton: I can’t wait to return to New-2 and all of its awesome misfits and misadventures that await us.
6. “Dreaming Awake (Falling Under #2)” by Gwen Hayes: How can I not want to read more about how the tables have totally turned between the dynamic couple in this duology? I can’t not. That’s how.
7. “A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2)” by Beth Revis: Speechless with want (mostly because of the drool flooding my mouth at the synopsis alone).
8. “Pink Smog (Weetzie Bat #7)” by Francesca Lia Block: How can I not want to go back to the world that dragged me into my mentor’s sphere of influence in the first place? This is looking awesome, and 2012 can’t come soon enough!
9. “The Winds of Winter (Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice & Fire #6)” by George R.R. Martin: I don’t even want to think about how long it’s going to take for this next installment to come out, considering the six year delay the just-published “A Dance with Dragons” had for publication. Still wanting more of Westeros, though!
10. The as yet unannounced sequels to “Glow” and “Legend” – two of my top picks for the year, and no sequels have been announced or listed yet, but I do know they’re coming. They have to be coming, right?
Runners-up include: “Outpost (Enclave/Razorland #2)”, Stork #3, “The Nightmare Garden (Iron Codex #2)”, “Bitterblue (Graceling #3)”, “Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3)”, “Lost in Time (Blue Bloods #6)”, “Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2)”, “City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments #5)”, “The City of Heavenly Fire”, “The Twelve (The Passage #2)”, “Black Heart (Curse Workers #3)”, “Pandemonium (Delirium #2)”, “The Drowned Cities (Ship Breaker #2)”, “The Night Eternal (The Strain Trilogy #3)”, “Heat Rises (Nikki Heat/Castle #3)”, “Exile (Mercy #2)”, and so forth.
Note, you can find the rest of the series I’m tracking and looking forward to at FictFact. If you’re on there already, feel free to friend me!
What are your top ten this Tuesday?