In My Mailbox: A weekly meme as hosted by The Story Siren.
What is In My Mailbox?
In My Mailbox was started in November of 2008. What it all came down to was this: I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved!
Week 24: Here’s what’s in my mailbox this week!
2. “The Great Night” by Chris Adrian (library)
3. “The Hidden Coronet (RelicMaster #3)” by Catherine Fisher (library)
4. “A Need So Beautiful” by Suzanne Young (library)
5. “Daughters of the Sea: May (Daughters of the Sea #2)” by Kathryn Lasky (library)
6. “The Rampage of Suzumiya Haruhi (Suzumiya Haruhi #5)” by Tanigawa Nagaru (library, translated edition)
7. “The Daughter of Smoke & Bone” by Laini Taylor (via ARC Swap @ Goodreads, thanks!)
8. “Glow” by Amy Kathleen Ryan (via ARC Swap @ Goodreads, thanks!)
9. “The Waking: Dreams of the Dead (The Waking #1)” by Thomas Randall (library)
10. “Germline” by T.C. McCarthy (library)
Many of my holds came in this week at the library, hooray – I was dying to read “The Great Night”, “A Need So Beautiful” (already finished this one – it was awesome!), “The Hidden Coronet”, the translated version “Haruhi #5”, and “The City of Snakes”! Yes! And from my participation in the ARC Swap group at Goodreads, “The Daughter of Smoke and Bone” and “Glow” (already finished “Glow” – I already want the sequel and it hasn’t even been announced yet!)” – thanks, guys! The rest were random snatches and since I’m down with what looks to be a combination of a migraine/rotovirus (one of the best souvenirs from vacation yet, ugh) and doing medical testing today (and possibly more this week), this should keep me busy for a bit.
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING:
2. “The Name of the Star” by Maureen Johnson (via publisher)
3. “The Book of Dreams” by Davis Bunn (via galley grab)
4. “Seers” by Heather Frost (via netgalley)
5. “The Book of Blood & Shadow” by Robin Wasserman (via publisher)
6. “The Butterfly Clues” by Kate Ellison (via netgalley)
7. “Shattered Dreams” by Ellie James (via netgalley)
8. “Dark Eden” by Patrick Carman (via netgalley)
9. “Every Other Day” by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (via netgalley)
10. “Insanity” by Aaron Jordan (via netgalley)
11. “Past Perfect” by Leila Sales (via galley grab)
12. “Rippler” by Cidney Swanson (via author)
13. “Blueprints for Building Better Girls” by Elissa Schappell (via galley grab)
14. “Virtuosity” by Jessica Martinez (via galley grab)
15. “Swear (Swoon #2)” by Nina Malkin (via galley grab)
Can you tell Galley Grab dropped itself into my inbox this weekend? 😀 That was a pleasant surprise! And then “The Name of the Star” was a VERY pleasant surprise, as I’ve been trying to get an ARC of it for quite some time. I’m very happy with this lot this week, hopefully they’ll prove to be as awesome as they’ve advertised themselves to be/I hope they are.
Sent to me via audible from a friend! I was going to preorder and then didn’t, and regular adult hardbacks are pretty expensive now, even with preorder prices, so…anyway, I’m ridiculously grateful for this, especially because the e-book isn’t due out until next year (or so I keep hearing). Thanks, bro! This will tide me over until I can scrape up the dough for the actual hardcopy. I have the best friends. ❤
2. “Entertainment Weekly: Fall Movie Preview 2011”
Bought on my last day of vacay last week. I’m kinda sad they didn’t make multiple covers for that issue of EW (as I’m SO not a twilight fan), but at least they have extensive coverage of movies I’ve been dying to see for awhile, so I can forgive them for it. I guess. And another magazine I wouldn’t usually pick up, but it had both “Blue Exorcist” and “Madoka” written up inside, so again, they hooked me good.
What was in your mailbox this week?