In My Mailbox: A weekly meme as hosted by The Story Siren.
What is In My Mailbox?
In My Mailbox was started in November of 2008. What it all came down to was this: I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved!
Week 23: Here’s what’s in my mailbox this week!
2. “Beauty Queens” by Libba Bray (Borders Blowout Sale)
3. “The Iron Thorn” by Caitlin Kittridge (Borders Blowout Sale)
4. “Haunting Violet” by Alyxandra Harvey (Borders Blowout Sale)
5. “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Demigod Files” by Rick Riordan (thrifted)
6. “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson #2)” by Rick Riordan (thrifted)
7. “Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1)” by Gail Carriger (Borders Blowout Sale)
8. “My Life as a White Trash Zombie” by Diana Rowland (Borders Blowout Sale)
9. “The Twelve Kingdoms: The Vast Spread of the Seas (Twelve Kingdoms #3)” by Ono Fuyumi (Borders Blowout Sale)
10. “World Without End (Pillars of the Earth #2)” by Ken Follett (not pictured – thrifted)
1. Fiona Apple – Extraordinary Machine (DVD special edition – thrifted)
Oh man. Every year we go to the desert, my mother and I, and hunt for books at the ridiculous amount of thrift stores. This year it was sadly slim pickings, but the last Borders in the Palm Desert area was having a huge blowout clearance, so Mom gave me some of these (you’re the best, Maman!) , and I bought the rest. If books were only this cheap all of the time. I was also really happy to get my hands on a copy of the third volume of “The Twelve Kingdoms”, considering it’s now officially out of print. And of course, the third Fiona Apple album. Yay thrifting!
♡ E-ARCs/GALLEYS/ONLINE PUBLISHER READING:
2. “Graffiti Moon” by Cath Crowley (via publisher)
3. “This Dark Endevour” by Kenneth Oppel (via Pulse It!)
4. “Croak” by Gina Damico (via netgalley)
5. “Grave Mercy” by Robin LaFevers (via netgalley)
6. “The Printmaker’s Daughter” by Catherine Govier (via netgalley – not pictured)
7. “Becoming Marie Antoinette” by Juliet Gray (via netgalley – not pictured)
I am so very especially excited for “Becoming Marie Antoinette”, you guys, I can’t tell you enough. I’ve always really been into everything rococo, especially Marie Antoinette herself, so this sounds awesome! And the rest were random picks from either the publisher or netgalley, but I’m still just as eager to get into them.
None for this week!
So, I return home tomorrow. Today’s my last day in the desert, so I’m going to go lie out by the pool, have a frosty fruity cocktail, and read read read. I’ll be getting busy later this week, so I need the…fortitude that the books provide. 🙂
What was in your mailbox this week?