Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s theme: Usagi’s Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes!
Pretty self-explanatory. So let’s waste no more time and go right into this week’s list – in no particular order, as usual.
1. “I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.” – Delirium by Lauren Oliver
2. ““What shall we do, all of us? All of us passionate girls who fear crushing the boys we love with our mouths like caverns of teeth, our mushrooming brains, our watermelon hearts?” – Blood Roses by Francesca Lia Block
3. “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” – Game of Thrones by George R R Martin
4. “Somewhere inside me is a merciful, forgiving person. Somewhere there is a girl who tries to understand what people are going through, who accepts that people do evil things and that desperation leads them to darker places than they ever imagined. I swear she exists, and she hurts for the repentant boy I see in front of me.
But if I saw her, I wouldn’t recognize her.” – Divergent by Veronica Roth
5. “As long as there’s such a thing as time, everybody’s damaged in the end, changed into something else. It always happens, sooner or later.” – Kafka on the Shore by Murakami Haruki
6. “Happiness is the highest form of wisdom.” – Kushiel’s Mercy by Jacqueline Carey
7. “We felt the imprisonment of being a girl, the way it made your mind active and dreamy, and how you ended up knowing which colors went together. We knew that the girls were our twins, that we all existed in space like animals with identical skins, and that they knew everything about us though we couldn’t fathom them at all. We knew, finally, that the girls were really women in disguise, that they understood love and even death, and that our job was merely to create the noise that seemed to fascinate them.” – The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
8. “Please don’t go. We’ll eat you up. We love you so.” – Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
9. “Always learn poems by heart. They have to become the marrow in your bones. Like fluoride in the water, they’ll make your soul impervious to the world’s soft decay.” - White Oleander by Janet Fitch
10. “Sometimes, making the wrong choice is better than making no choice. You have the courage to go forward, that is rare. A person who stands at the fork, unable to pick, will never get anywhere.” – Wizard’s First Rule by Terry Goodkind
What are your top ten favorite book quotes?